ATHENS COUNTY, Ohio (WTAP) - UPDATE: 8/29/19: 5 P.M.
Only one of 14 people named in indictments related to a long-term drug investigation in Athens County remains at large, authorities said on Thursday.
Brian Thompson, 42, of Athens, is still at large following his indictment on charges of engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity and possessing criminal tools, according Athens County Prosecuting Attorney Keller Blackburn's office.
Six people remained at large after the indictments were announced on Aug. 22.
Two of the suspects, Natalie Hoffman, 32, and George R. Cloud III, 34, both of Chauncey, were arraigned on Thursday after being taken into custody at a residence on North Peach Ridge Road, Keller's office said in a news release.
Cloud is being held on a $50,000 bond. Hoffman was released on her own recognizance.
Three other suspects who had been at large have since been taken into custody. They include Paul Curry, 39, of The Plains, who was later released on his own recognizance; Kasandra Curry, 28, of Carbonhill, whose bond was set at $250,000; and Chase Malloy, 29, of Athens, who is awaiting arraignment.
ORIGINAL STORY: 8/22/19
Six of 14 people named in indictments related to a long-term drug investigation in Athens County remain at large, authorities said.
Prosecuting Attorney Keller Blackburns’s office announced the indictments in a news release on Thursday.
All 14 people are accused of engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity and possessing criminal tools, Blackburn said, adding that the case stems from the indictment and eventual arrest of Jessica Morris, a Fairfield County woman allegedly involved in trafficking large amounts of methamphetamine, heroin and cocaine to be sold in Athens County.
Those indicted include:
- Gina Sufronko: in custody on a $100,000 bond at the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail
- Ryan Low: in custody at the Correctional Reception Center in Orient, Ohio
- Eric Barron: in custody on a $50,000 bond at the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail
- Kimberly Young: in custody on a $75,000 bond at the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail
- Chase Malloy: at large
- Nicholas Nelson: in custody on a $75,000 bond at the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail
- Kasandra Curry: at large with a nationwide warrant
- Earl “Jake” McKee: in custody at the Madison Correctional Institution in London, Ohio
- Brian Thompson: at large with a nationwide warrant
- Paul Curry: at large with a nationwide warrant
- Bradford "Coy" Hawk: in custody at the North Central Correctional Institution in Marion, Ohio
- George Cloud: at large
- Natalie Geer-Cloud, also known as Natalie Hoffman: at large
- Jimmy Stepp: in custody at the Pickaway Correctional Institution in Orient, Ohio
Agencies involved in the investigation included the Athens County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office, the Athens County Major Crimes Unit, the Fairfield Major Crimes Unit, the Hocking County Major Crimes Unit, the Nelsonville Police Department and the Athens County Sheriff’s Office,
Anyone with information about any of the suspects is asked to contact the Athens County prosecutor’s office at 740-592-3208.