Apartment catches fire on 30th Street in Parkersburg


Smoking materials along with the wind is believed to be the cause of the porch fire on 30th Street according to Parkersburg Fire Chief Jason Matthews.

The fire then spread to a room in the apartment, as well as the attic.

Two people were in the home at the time of the fire, but no one was injured.

The Red Cross is currently assisting the occupants until further notice.


The back porch of an apartment in Parkersburg catches fire Wednesday night around 9:30 p.m.

911 dispatchers say it was on the 800 block of 30th Street. The attic was also damaged in the fire. It was contained to one apartment. Dispatchers say the amount of damage is hard to tell.

No one was transported to the hospital.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus