Firefighters quickly put out blaze at Texas Roadhouse restaurant

PARKERSBURG, W.Va. (WTAP) - UPDATE: 05:40 P.M.

A fire late Monday afternoon at the Texas Roadhouse restaurant on Ohio Avenue in Parkersburg was quickly extinguished.

Firefighters were called to the restaurant at 2306 Ohio Ave. about 5:10 p.m. and brought the fire under control in a matter of minutes.

Parkersburg Fire Chief Jason Matthews the flames were the result of a grease fire in some duct work.

Flames seen on the roof of the building were coming from vent pipes, he said.

Matthews said the restaurant will be closed temporarily while repairs are made.


Firefighters are responding to a fire on the roof of the Texas Roadhouse in Parkersburg.

A Wood County 911 dispatch supervisor confirmed that there is a fire on the roof of the building at 2306 Ohio Ave.

Crews began responding to the scene about 5:10 p.m.

We have a reporter headed to the scene and will have updates online and during WTAP News @ 6.