PARKERSBURG, W.Va.-(WTAP) A mobile home catches fire off Pike Street in South Parkersburg, destroying the structure and causing damage to a home nearby.
No one was inside the structures, and no injuries were reported.
The blaze brought firefighters to the scene on one of the hottest days of the summer so far.
Fire Chief Jason Matthews says responders do everything they can to keep form getting overheated, even when the heat from the fire can make things even worse.
"With this being more defensive, the guys were able to rotate on the hose lines, take breaks, get water, and take their jackets off, as they're away from the fire," Matthews said. "We had it extinguished rather quickly, within 10-15 minutes."
Chief Matthews says the owner of the structures has been in the process of demolishing them.
The mobile home where the fire started is a total loss.