Advertisement

Furnace fire displaces family at St. Marys home

(WTAP)
Published: Dec. 14, 2019 at 10:40 PM EST
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

A family was displaced Friday after a furnace fire broke out at their St. Marys home.

Fire crews responded to the home in the 700 block of Fifth Street just after 1:30 p.m.

Smoke was showing from the house when crews arrived on scene. According to a fire officials, a preliminary investigation revealed the fire was due to the home's furnace.

A woman, her infant child, and a dog were able to escape unharmed due to the help of a neighbor. Nathan Locke says he first heard the fire call on his scanner before heading over to the house where he banged on the door to help the family out.

The home suffered smoke and water damage, and the residents will not be able to return until it is repaired. The American Red Cross was contacted to aid in their displacement.

Damage estimates were not immediately available.

Latest News

Latest News