PARKERSBURG, W.Va. (WTAP) - Following is a list of postponements and cancellations related to the COVID-19 virus that have been reported to WTAP from organizations across the Mid-Ohio Valley.
- Ohio university spring commencement postponed
- Ohio University, no in-person instruction through the end of the spring semester
- Athens County Sheriff's Office, closed to the public until further notice; call 740-593-6633 to file reports; office will continue to respond to emergenies; no background checks or concealed carry applications until further notice
HOCKING COUNTY, OHIO
- Hocking Hills State Park visitor's center, closed until further notice.
- Lubeck Community Baptist Church, regular services canceled; online services at lubeckcommumitybaptist.church and YouTube/Lubeck Community Baptist Church for content.
-Lubeck Public Service District, closed to the public; payments accepted through mail, dropbox and online.
- Humane Society of the Ohio Valley, closed until further notice
- OSU Extension Spring Garden Party, scheduled between March 31 and April 28 at St. Mary Catholic School, postponed
- Premiere of Dolly Parton documentary “The Library That Dolly Built” sponsored by Marietta Community Foundation, scheduled April 2 at the Peoples Bank Theater, postponed
- Marietta City tax office, 301 Putnam Street, closed; please use drop box located in front of our building at 301 Putnam St.; call 740-373-4032
- Rotary Club of Marietta, no meetings until April 9.
- Gilman United Methodist Church, Sunday morning services canceled at the church thru Easter Sunday, April 12. For smaller Church-related groups and Bible studies, check with the group's leader or the calendar page on the church's website. Sunday morning worship services for April 5 and 12 will be live-streamed on the church's Facebook page.
- Washington County courthouse, closed to walk-in visitors until further notice. If you have business to conduct, call 740-373-6623 to be directed to the appropriate office; Call 740-373-0043 if you need a civil stalking protection order, sexually oriented offense protection order or a domestic violence civil protection order.
- BrAva Mom Prom, Washington County Junior Fair building, scheduled for April 17, postponed until Sept. 19
- Campus Martius Museum, closed indefinitely
- Christ United Methodist Church, all Sunday services canceled
- Boys & Girls Club of Washington County closed until April 6.
- All Learning in Retirement classes canceled for the remainder of the semester
- Access to the Dyson Baudo Recreation Center is limited to Marietta College students and employees. All usage by family members, community members, walkers and guests is not permitted until March 30. This includes all group exercise classes
- Krause Lecture and all related events scheduled for April 1, canceled
- McDonough Leadership Conference, scheduled April 3-4, canceled
- Pioneer Pipeline Program, canceled for the rest of the semester
- 2020 Mid-Ohio Valley Easter Parade, canceled
- North Baptist Church's Friendship Kitchen physical building is closed. There will be free meals curbside Tuesday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. while meals last.
- City of Parkersburg has canceled out outside agencies' use of the city building through the first week of April; these include: Wood County Democratic Executive Committee; April 2; League of Women Voters, April 6; and bankruptcy court, April 9
- Coplin Health Systems, Dash for Diabets 5K, scheduled for April 4, postponed
- St. Marys City Hall, closed to walk-in customers; payments can be placed in a drop box or made online at go.wv.gov/stmarys; building permits, burning permits and city licenses can be obtained at https://stmarys.wv.gov/. Call 304-684-2401 for more information
- Vienna River Road Road Race 5-mile run and 5K walk and River City Kid's Race, scheduled April 18, canceled
- Vienna Public Library, closed
- Mid-Ohio Health Department, food handlers’ classes, canceled for the next three months; Online classes are available and recognized from the following outside entities: Serv Safe, State Food Safety, and TAP Series. Access available at www.movhd.com
- League of Women Voters of Wood County, all planned candidate events in April are canceled.