UPDATE: No one hurt in house fire on 6th Avenue in Parkersburg

By  | 

PARKERSBURG, W.Va. (WTAP) - UPDATE: 11/28/2018, 11:40 AM

Firefighters say multiple people escaped without injuries Wednesday morning after a fire at their home in Parkersburg.

Investigators say the fire started about 10:45 a.m. in the attic of a home at 201 6th Ave.

Everyone inside the home was able to get out safely.

Officials said the fire was caused by an electrical problem.

The home sustained significant water and smoke damage.

The American Red Cross was called to assist the family.

ORIGINAL STORY: 11/28/2018, 10:45 AM

Just before 11:00 AM Wednesday, Parkersburg firefighters responded to a reported structure fire on 6th Avenue.

We have a reporter headed to the scene, and we'll update this story on-air and at WTAP.com as new information becomes available.