1. Sift flour and baking powder and set aside. Cream shortening and sugar until fluffy. add eggs one at a time, beat well. Add flour alternately with milk. Beat until well blended. Stir in flavoring.
2. I use aluminum pie pans to cook the layers. You may use any 9 inch pie pan. Use shortening to grease pans and sprinkle with flour, I spray each well with Pam). Be sure to wash pans after each layer to prevent a build up in pans.
3. Spread 1/2 cup of batter in pans and bake in a 375 degree preheated oven until lightly brown. Invert layers on a wire rack or a clean towel until cool. Frost with either Chocolate Frosting or peanut butter cake frosting.
1. In a 4 quart saucepan, Mix sugar, cocoa, butter and evaporated milk.
2. Bring to a rolling boil. Reduce heat and cook 2 minutes, stirring
constantly while cooking.
3. Remove from heat and add 1 tbsp. vanilla, 1 tbsp. butter flavoring.
Icing will be thin. Spread generously between layers and on top and sides of cake.