TheNewsCenter is looking for a Weekend Multi-Media Journalist. Successful candidates will cover news in Parkersburg and the Mid-Ohio Valley.
We are looking for candidates who are able to shoot & edit their own video, write news stories for newscasts and the web - both hard news and features. Candidates will use TVUs & a microwave LIVE truck. A willingness and ability to fill in on other shifts, including anchoring, is necessary. Finalists for the job must be able to demonstrate good writing and spelling skills. Candidates must be able to work well under strict deadline pressure.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Shooting/editing daily content for newscasts, website, and social media
• Reports news stories for daily broadcasts
• Operating portable live unit, conducting live shots from the field
• Generating story ideas and building local contacts
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule depending on news events
• Obtaining information about news through research, interviews, experience, and / or attendance at local event functions
• Follows up on tips that lead to news stories
• Writes stories for the web and other digital platforms
• Performs other duties as assigned by Management
Required Skills & Experience:
• BS/BA in journalism or communications
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems
• Schedule flexibility
• Videography and non-linear editing experience
• A valid driver`s license and a good driving record
• College graduates encouraged to apply