WTAP is looking for a weekend news anchor/weekday reporter. The person we`re looking for will produce and anchor our weekend newscasts and shoot/report three days during the M-F week. Other duties include posting news, weather and streaming video on our webchannel.
The person we`re looking for must be responsible, able to make decisions, be a self-starter with lots of energy and be able to work well with others in a small team environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Producer/anchor weekend evening newscasts & report
- Report as MMJ three days a week
- Shoot/edit daily content for newscasts and digital
- Operate TVU, conducting live shots from the field
- Generate story ideas and build local contacts
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule depending on news events
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management
- BS/BA in journalism or communications
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems
- Videography and non-linear editing experience
- A valid driver`s license and a good driving record
- College graduates encouraged to apply
- Professional appearance a must
- Strong initiative and persistent attention to detail
- Must be able to use discretion, best judgment in searching for news stories and have solid journalistic/ethical skills
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings