The No. 4 seed Virginia Cavaliers (25-7) and the No. 13 seed Furman Paladins (27-7) will meet in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament on Thursday at 12:40 PM. Virginia is favored by 5.5 points in the matchup, which airs on truTV. Here's everything you need to know about this 4-13 matchup when filling out your brackets. The point total is 131.5 in the matchup.
Virginia vs. Furman Odds & Info
- Date: Thursday, March 16, 2023
- Time: 12:40 PM ET
- TV: truTV
- Where: Orlando, Florida
- Venue: Amway Center
Bet with the King of Sportsbooks! Check out the latest odds and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook.
Virginia vs Furman Betting Records & Stats
- The Cavaliers have a 12-17-0 record against the spread this season.
- This season, Virginia has won 12 of its 14 games, or 85.7%, when favored by at least -250 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Cavaliers, based on the moneyline, is 71.4%.
- Furman is 18-11-0 against the spread this year.
- The Paladins have played as an underdog of +200 or more just one time this year and came away with a win in that game.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies Furman has a 33.3% chance of walking away with the win.
Virginia vs. Furman Over/Under Stats
||Games Over 131.5
||% of Games Over 131.5
||Combined Average PPG
||Average Opponent PPG
||Combined Average Opponent PPG
Additional Virginia vs Furman Insights & Trends
- Virginia has a 4-6 record against the spread while going 7-3 overall over its last 10 games.
- In their past 10 contests, the Cavaliers have gone over the total four times.
- Furman has a 6-4 record against the spread while finishing 9-1 overall in its past 10 contests.
- In their past 10 contests, the Paladins have hit the over six times.
- The 67.8 points per game the Cavaliers average are the same as the Paladins allow.
- Virginia has a 5-4 record against the spread and a 10-0 record overall when putting up more than 71.2 points.
- The Paladins score an average of 82.1 points per game, 21.8 more points than the 60.3 the Cavaliers give up to opponents.
- Furman has put together a 16-10 ATS record and a 24-7 overall record in games it scores more than 60.3 points.
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users! Be sure to use our link to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Virginia vs. Furman Betting Splits
||ATS Record Against 5.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
Virginia vs. Furman Home/Away Splits
||Home ATS Record
||Away ATS Record
||Points Scored Per Game (Home)
||Points Scored Per Game (Away)
||Over-Under-Push Record (Home)
||Over-Under-Push Record (Away)
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.