Ohio State vs. JMU Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Published: Mar. 16, 2023 at 3:39 AM EDT|Updated: Mar. 18, 2023 at 11:39 AM EDT
Saturday's game between the Ohio State Buckeyes (25-7) and James Madison Dukes (26-7) matching up at Value City Arena has a projected final score of 78-61 (according to our computer prediction) in favor of heavily favored Ohio State, so it should be a one-sided matchup. The game will tip off at 1:30 PM ET on March 18.
In their last matchup on Sunday, the Buckeyes suffered a 105-72 loss to Iowa.
Ohio State vs. JMU Game Info
- When: Saturday, March 18, 2023 at 1:30 PM ET
- Where: Value City Arena in Columbus, Ohio
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN2
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
Ohio State vs. JMU Score Prediction
- Prediction: Ohio State 78, JMU 61
Ohio State Schedule Analysis
- On March 4, the Buckeyes registered their signature win of the season, a 79-75 victory over the Indiana Hoosiers, who rank No. 2 in the AP's Top 25.
- Against Quadrant 1 opponents, the Buckeyes are 9-6 (.600%) -- tied for the ninth-most wins.
- Against Quadrant 2 teams, Ohio State is 6-1 (.857%) -- tied for the 21st-most victories.
Ohio State 2022-23 Best Wins
- 79-75 over Indiana (No. 2/AP Poll) on March 4
- 87-75 at home over Tennessee (No. 24/AP Poll) on November 8
- 96-77 on the road over Louisville (No. 22) on November 30
- 74-61 on the road over Michigan (No. 18/AP Poll) on February 20
- 81-79 over Michigan (No. 18/AP Poll) on March 3
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Ohio State Performance Insights
- The Buckeyes are outscoring opponents by 12.5 points per game with a +400 scoring differential overall. They put up 80.8 points per game (eighth in college basketball) and give up 68.3 per outing (278th in college basketball).
- Offensively, Ohio State is scoring 74.8 points per game this season in conference contests. As a comparison, its overall average (80.8 points per game) is 6 PPG higher.
- The Buckeyes are scoring 82.9 points per game when playing at home. In road games, they are averaging 78 points per contest.
- Defensively, Ohio State has played better in home games this year, giving up 64.5 points per game, compared to 67 when playing on the road.
- The Buckeyes have been scoring 74.3 points per contest in their last 10 appearances, an average that's a little lower than the 80.8 they've scored over the course of the 2022-23 season.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.