Iowa vs. Georgia Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament Second Round
Published: Mar. 18, 2023 at 3:39 AM EDT|Updated: 18 hours ago
Sunday's contest between the Iowa Hawkeyes (27-6) and Georgia Lady Bulldogs (22-11) matching up at Carver-Hawkeye Arena has a projected final score of 77-65 (according to our computer prediction) in favor of heavily favored Iowa, so expect a one-sided matchup. The game will begin at 3:00 PM ET on March 19.
The Hawkeyes came out on top in their most recent matchup 95-43 against SE Louisiana on Friday.
Iowa vs. Georgia Game Info
- When: Sunday, March 19, 2023 at 3:00 PM ET
- Where: Carver-Hawkeye Arena in Iowa City, Iowa
- How to Watch on TV: ABC
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
Iowa vs. Georgia Score Prediction
- Prediction: Iowa 77, Georgia 65
Iowa Schedule Analysis
- On February 26, the Hawkeyes claimed their best win of the season, an 86-85 victory over the Indiana Hoosiers, who rank No. 2 in the AP's Top 25.
- The Hawkeyes have 11 wins over Quadrant 1 teams, the fifth-most in Division 1.
- Iowa has six wins versus Quadrant 2 opponents, tied for the 22nd-most in the country.
Iowa 2022-23 Best Wins
- 86-85 at home over Indiana (No. 2/AP Poll) on February 26
- 89-84 over Maryland (No. 7/AP Poll) on March 4
- 96-82 at home over Maryland (No. 7/AP Poll) on February 2
- 70-57 at home over Iowa State (No. 17/AP Poll) on December 7
- 83-72 on the road over Ohio State (No. 12/AP Poll) on January 23
Georgia Schedule Analysis
- The Lady Bulldogs' signature win of the season came against the Florida State Seminoles, a top 50 team (No. 29), according to our computer rankings. The Lady Bulldogs registered the 66-54 neutral-site win on March 17.
- When facing Quadrant 1 opponents, the Lady Bulldogs are 1-8 (.111%) -- tied for the 48th-most losses.
- When facing Quadrant 2 opponents, Georgia is 9-3 (.750%) -- tied for the second-most victories.
Georgia 2022-23 Best Wins
- 66-54 over Florida State (No. 29) on March 17
- 62-34 at home over Mississippi State (No. 35) on January 29
- 71-48 at home over Arkansas (No. 47) on February 19
- 62-51 at home over Missouri (No. 66) on January 26
- 66-55 at home over Belmont (No. 76) on December 17
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Iowa Performance Insights
- The Hawkeyes' +570 scoring differential (outscoring opponents by 17.3 points per game) is a result of scoring 87.8 points per game (first in college basketball) while allowing 70.5 per outing (316th in college basketball).
- On offense, Iowa is averaging 89.2 points per game this year in conference action. As a comparison, its season average (87.8 points per game) is 1.4 PPG lower.
- The Hawkeyes put up 90.4 points per game in home games, compared to 85.9 points per game away from home, a difference of 4.5 points per contest.
- Iowa is ceding 64.9 points per game this season when playing at home, which is 13.6 fewer points than it is allowing on the road (78.5).
- The Hawkeyes have seen a decrease in scoring lately, putting up 87.2 points per game in their last 10 contests, 0.6 points fewer than the 87.8 they've scored this year.
Georgia Performance Insights
- The Lady Bulldogs put up 67.1 points per game (138th in college basketball) while giving up 58.3 per contest (40th in college basketball). They have a +291 scoring differential and outscore opponents by 8.8 points per game.
- Georgia has averaged 1.4 fewer points in SEC games (65.7) than overall (67.1).
- The Lady Bulldogs are putting up more points at home (68.6 per game) than on the road (66.4).
- In 2022-23 Georgia is conceding 11.0 fewer points per game at home (53.9) than away (64.9).
- The Lady Bulldogs are putting up 68.6 points per game in their previous 10 games, which is 1.5 more than their average for the season (67.1).
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.