How to Watch the Nationals vs. Tigers Game: Streaming & TV Channel Info for May 21
Joey Wentz gets the nod on the mound for the Detroit Tigers looking to slow down Jeimer Candelario and the Washington Nationals on Sunday at 1:35 PM ET.
Sign up for Fubo to watch this game and make sure you don't miss any of the action all year long!
Nationals vs. Tigers Live Stream, TV Channel and Game Info:
- Date: Sunday, May 21, 2023
- Time: 1:35 PM ET
- TV Channel: MASN2
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Venue: Nationals Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Read More About This Game
|Nationals Injury Report|
|Nationals vs Tigers Betting Trends & Stats|
|Nationals vs Tigers Player Props|
|Nationals vs Tigers Pitching Matchup|
|Nationals vs Tigers Prediction|
|Nationals vs Tigers Odds|
Nationals Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Nationals have hit the second-fewest home runs in MLB action this season (32).
- Washington's .374 slugging percentage is the third-lowest average in MLB.
- The Nationals have the ninth-best batting average in the league (.259).
- Washington has the No. 23 offense in MLB action, scoring 4.1 runs per game (187 total runs).
- The Nationals rank 16th in baseball with a .321 on-base percentage.
- The Nationals strike out 7.1 times per game, the second-best average in the majors.
- Washington's pitching staff is last in the majors with a collective 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings.
- Washington has the 17th-ranked team ERA across all MLB pitching staffs (4.38).
- The Nationals have the 24th-ranked WHIP in baseball (1.414).
Nationals Probable Starting Pitcher
- The Nationals are sending Josiah Gray (3-5) to the mound to make his 10th start of the season. He is 3-5 with a 2.73 ERA and 45 strikeouts through 52 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty's most recent appearance came on Tuesday against the Miami Marlins, when he tossed seven innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing seven hits.
- Gray is trying to notch his third straight quality start in this matchup.
- Gray is looking for his 10th straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.8 frames per appearance on the hill.
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Nationals Starter||Opponent Starter|
|5/16/2023||Marlins||L 5-4||Away||Josiah Gray||Jesús Luzardo|
|5/17/2023||Marlins||L 4-3||Away||MacKenzie Gore||Edward Cabrera|
|5/18/2023||Marlins||L 5-3||Away||Trevor Williams||Eury Pérez|
|5/19/2023||Tigers||L 8-6||Home||Jake Irvin||Matthew Boyd|
|5/20/2023||Tigers||W 5-2||Home||Patrick Corbin||Alex Faedo|
|5/21/2023||Tigers||-||Home||Josiah Gray||Joey Wentz|
|5/23/2023||Padres||-||Home||MacKenzie Gore||Ryan Weathers|
|5/24/2023||Padres||-||Home||Trevor Williams||Yu Darvish|
|5/25/2023||Padres||-||Home||Jake Irvin||Blake Snell|
|5/26/2023||Royals||-||Away||Patrick Corbin||Jordan Lyles|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.