Nationals vs. Padres Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 23
The San Diego Padres (21-26) and Washington Nationals (20-27) clash in the first of a three-game series on Tuesday at Nationals Park, at 7:05 PM ET. The Padres are coming off a series defeat to the Red Sox, and the Nationals a series win over the Tigers.
The Padres will give the nod to Yu Darvish (2-3, 3.56 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 3 on the season, and the Nationals will turn to MacKenzie Gore (3-3, 3.69 ERA).
Nationals vs. Padres Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, May 23, 2023
- Time: 7:05 PM ET
- TV: MASN2
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Venue: Nationals Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Darvish - SD (2-3, 3.56 ERA) vs Gore - WSH (3-3, 3.69 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Nationals Injury Report|
|Padres vs Nationals Betting Trends & Stats|
|Padres vs Nationals Player Props|
|How to Watch Padres vs Nationals|
|Padres vs Nationals Odds|
|Padres vs Nationals Prediction|
Nationals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: MacKenzie Gore
- Gore (3-3) gets the starting nod for the Nationals in his 10th start of the season. He has a 3.69 ERA in 46 1/3 innings pitched, with 58 strikeouts.
- In his most recent appearance on Wednesday against the Miami Marlins, the left-hander tossed 5 1/3 innings, giving up four earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- During nine games this season, the 24-year-old has put up a 3.69 ERA and 11.3 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .251 to opposing hitters.
- Gore has four quality starts under his belt this season.
- Gore will try to secure his seventh game of five or more innings pitched this season. He averages 5.1 innings per appearance.
Padres Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Yu Darvish
- The Padres will send Darvish (2-3) to the mound for his ninth start this season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs in 5 1/3 innings pitched on Wednesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Kansas City Royals.
- The 36-year-old has an ERA of 3.56, a 3.31 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.125 in eight games this season.
- He has earned a quality start three times in eight starts this season.
- Darvish has eight starts in a row of five innings or more.
- Among qualified major league pitchers this season, the 36-year-old's 3.56 ERA ranks 32nd, 1.125 WHIP ranks 26th, and 9.9 K/9 ranks 18th.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.